Sunday, March 1, 2009

Okay so its not a tumor....

I am OBVIOUSLY pregnant. There is pretty much no denying it...you can tell at a glance. So pray tell, I ask you....WHY OH WHY must people constantly point out that I am pregnant?!?!?!?!?!? Like I didnt notice....

Tonight, this very crass old man points at me and says "You're pregnant"...and I look at him as serious as possible and say "No I'm not its a tumor"....and then I walk away while he looks bewildered. Its not that I dont like him, but good gosh...I've pretty much figured out that I AM knocked up.

Why does me suddenly having a baby give every stranger the right to comment on (1) my weight (2) the size of baby I'm going to be having (3) how I should be so happy that I'm having a girl because I would never want 3 boys.

Lets examine these carefully....

(1) my weight. MYOB...as in MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. My weight is between me and my doctor...but I love hearing how huge I am and then reminding people that I spent the first 1/2 of the pregnancy losing weight. So I actually havent gained a million pounds...its just my 3rd kid...my body is much more comfortalbe going back to that shape.

(2) I am only like barely 21 weeks pregnant...you cannot tell what size baby I am having by now and anyone who really knows me will attest that the amount of weight I gaine seems to have no affect on the size of baby I have. I gained a TON of weight with Jackson and he was only 5 lbs 6 oz....with Q I gained about 25% less than I did with Jackson and he was 6 lbs 7 oz. I have little babies but they get bigger every time.

and last...

(3) Of course we are thrilled about our daughter on the way...but if she had been a boy instead, it WOULD have been okay....it would have been great and we would have loved him just as much.

Please....if you encounter a pregnant one...THINK about what you are saying BEFORE you open your mouth! Do it for me...and do it for yourself so you dont come across that one crazy pregnant girl that flips out on you!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You're pregnant? I thought it WAS a tumor! LOL. Seriously people need to STFU.
HUGS