Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nothing like a big kick in the face to remind you how lucky you are...

Yesterday, friends of ours 1 year old was taken to the ER for dehydration (flu-yuck)-he hadnt had wet diapers in 3 days and was miserable. Not keeping anything down and eventually had to have an IV. I ended up going to pick up their older kids (13 and 5) from the hospital and taking them home so they could go to bed and get up for school.

As I was driving home, I thought about how good I really have it. If I had to take one of my kids to the hospital...I have a NUMBER of family members I could call to either come to our house to take care of the other child(ren). Most of our family lives within about 20 minutes of us and one of them is bound to be available for emergency child care.

I have no idea what we would do without them.

No comments: